Monday, September 15, 2008

Purpose

Hello again!

Well, I know that I said in my last post that I would not be starting this blog until January 2009, but I wanted to lay out the purpose behind starting this particular blog. Some people start a blog to keep their friends and family up to date on their lives. Some start a blog to have an outlet for their thoughts and feelings. And some people start a blog to pass along words of wisdom and encouragement. The last reason is why I am starting this blog.

In the world of blogs, I have noticed that there are not many that really speak to the heart of an associate pastor's wife. I have searched, and found a few that are really good and that I feel as though I can relate to. Many, many, many of them speak to the hearts of the head pastors wife and that is great because they need our supoprt and encouragement. But I want to have a spot where the wife of an associate, executive, young married's, children's, or youth pastor can come and be refreshed. Or, maybe you are a woman on staff at a church and you need a little encouragement too. Please join me!

Hebrews 10: 24 says "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works." That is my driving force for this blog. I want to encourage those of you who are behind the scenes.

I am taking the next couple of months and planning out all of the topics I would like to cover. I hope that you will come back at the first of the New Year and begin this journey with me!

No comments: