Monday, February 9, 2009

Book Review

Why I Love This Book!!!
In 2008 I wrote out a list of books I wanted to read. I think the grand total came to eight and I finished ......... 4! A personal best for me!
The funny thing is that this book, Visioneering by Andy Stanley, was not on my list. I was actually looking up another book and happened to notice this one in the "readers also bought this" section of the web-sight. It caught my eye, so I decided to read some of the reviews. Once I looked at the chapter titles I knew Jeff needed to read this book. (Like any good wife, I knew what was best for my husband.) The funny thing is, I needed this book more than any of the others I read this last year (excluding the Read-Through-In-A-Year Chronological Bible).
Jeff and I decided to take it two chapters at a time. We would read on our own through out the week and then on Sunday night we would meet together to discuss what we liked and what we learned. (And by the way, yes, we each had our own copy of the book because getting two only children to share is NEVER going to happen in this marriage.) :)
I can honestly say that this book has had a profound influence on my life. It has given me hope for the dreams I wish to accomplish in my life and a firm biblical foundation for why my dreams should be pursued.
Sometimes, as Christians, we use the excuse "God must have other plans for me" when things don't go the way we hoped they would. For years I accepted this excuse as truth. I don't anymore, and this book is why.
The rest of this week I will be sharing a very brief review of the entire book and some of my favorite quotes. I hope you'll come back!

No comments: