Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Shower Time


I am starting to feel like I am coming down with something, so...I'm going to keep this week light. (I am drinking plenty of fluids and taking my vitamins :) )

Anyway, the season is upon us. Shower Season. Baby Showers!!! I LOVE baby showers! Love the food, love the decorations, love the gifts, love the fellowship and my favorite ones are when the baby has already been born because then we all get to hold it and love on it and get our baby fix without having to take it home!! :)
SO...in light of this special time of year I thought I would post three yummy treats I always have for baby showers! Today's is a yummy punch, which I actually made this morning (for a goodbye party).

Frosty Punch

1 2 liter bottle of 7 Up
1 Frozen Pink Lemonade mix (the kind you find in the frozen foods section, where the frozen juice is)
1 Container of Sherbet (I like to color coordinate mine according to the event)

Let everything set out for about 20 minuets. In an average sized punch bowl, add the thawed pink lemonade, then add half of the 7 Up. Take an ice cream scoop and scoop in the sherbet. Then add the rest of the 7 Up.

Here are some tips I have used along the way:
  • If you are going to a girl baby shower then get Raspberry or Strawberry sherbet.
  • If you are going to a boy baby shower then try to find a Kroger in your area because SOMETIMES they will carry a Wild Berry sherbet that is blue. If not, I have tried this: get Pineapple sherbet (because it is usually white) and then take blue food coloring to the 7 Up. It tasted fine, but you will need to pour out the 7 Up in separate bowl, mix in the food color and then add it to the punch.
  • If you need to make a pink colored punch but cannot find pink colored sherbet, what I have done before is bought the cherry flavored 7 Up and then used the Pineapple sherbet.
  • I highly recommend using 7 Up. I have tried it with Sprite, Ginger Ale and even some of the store brand drinks, but none of them ever taste as good as 7 Up. I'm not sure why, put after 12 years of making this punch it is the only brand I will use.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

Amy said...

The punch this morning was really good. It was great to see you and Laura. Hope you can avoid getting sick. Get lots of rest :-)