Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shower Time - Part III


I have actually made these several years in a row for Christmas gifts, but never thought to make them for a shower until the other day when another blog I follow suggested the idea! What fun!

Just in case I lost ya, the yummy treats above are chocolate covered pretzel sticks. They are super easy (and affordable) little treats to make for any occasion. All you need is a little imagination on how you want them to turn out!

Chocolate Covered Pretzel Sticks
1 Bag Large Pretzel Sticks
1 Bag Chocolate Chips

If you have a double boiler this process can go a lot smoother, however I have never had one so I made my own version and it works great! Just take a sauce pan and pour enough water in it to keep a boil for a while. I use a metal mixing bowl and place it over the sauce pan (when the water is boiling). Place the chocolate chips in the metal sauce pan and let them completely melt. Once the chocolate is a smooth consistency, then start dipping the pretzel sticks in half way. I normally line a cookie sheet with wax paper and have it waiting nearby. Once you dip the sticks, place them on the tray. Now is the time to "decorate" them. This is where your creativity can come out! Here are a few suggestions:
  • Baby Shower-Girl: Use white chocolate with pink sprinkles
  • Baby Shower-Boy: Use white chocolate with blue sprinkles
  • Christmas handouts(these make great teachers gifts):Use white or dark chocolate with crushed peppermints, or Christmas colored sprinkles.

There are sooooooo many new items out there for candy/cookie decorations. A personal favorite is the colored sugars. They are very classic and pretty. At Christmas time I buy the cellophane bags from Walmart, put a few chocolate covered pretzels in them and wrap them up in a bow. So cute and very affordable!

Anyway, have fun! Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

By the way, I know the topics have been kinda light around here lately. Thanks for hanging in with me. Next week I'm going to be getting back to some more serious items. See ya then!

No comments: