Saturday, January 24, 2009

KK's Yummy Special Rice


Happy Saturday to Everyone!
I hope you all are doing well and staying warm
(depending on what part of the world you are in!).
I want to say a big THANK YOU to you all for sticking around this week. I'm sorry that the posts have not been on the days I said they would be. My lap-top is still in the hands of the Geek Squad, so in the mean time I'm confined to my old computer which is very persnickety and won't cooperate all of the time.
I also wanted to tell you all about a lady who needs our prayers. I have never personally met her but I love her blog! I think if I were ever to have an older sister I would want it to be her! Plus she reminds me soooo much of this sweet lady (who really is my sister, she just doesn't know it yet!!!!! :)
Anyway, this is why she needs our prayers.
(Scroll through the rest of the posts she made for this month and you'll get caught up on the progress.)
OK, so who needs a good side dish recipe? Well, have I got one for you!
There is a disclaimer that needs to proceed this recipe : It's not the best thing to serve someone who is on a low sodium diet.
1 cup of rice (like the kind pictured above, just make sure it is not minute rice)
1 can Campbell's French Onion soup
1 can Campbell's Beef Consume soup
1/2 stick of butter (or margarine)
Place everything in a microwave safe dish. Give it a good stir and then microwave for 10 minutes. Take it out and let it sit for a minute, then give it another good stir. Place back in the microwave and cook for another 6-10 minutes (depending on how well stuff cooks in your microwave). Let it cool, and your done!
I have heard of some people who like to bake it in the oven on 300 degrees for 45 minutes. I do not have that kind of time :)
Enjoy, and I'll see on Monday!





No comments: