Saturday, January 3, 2009

Saturday



I love people who post on the weekend, so I thought I would return the favor! Nothing serious, just a yummy recipe I have been using over and over since I learned how to make it.
So who doesn't like a recipe that starts out with one of these?


Yummy BBQ Pork

8-9 lb. Boston Butt
1-2 bottles of Sweet Baby Rays Sauce (yes, it's at Walmart)
1/2 cup of your favorite mustard BBQ sauce ***

Place the meat in your crock-pot and pour in enough water just to cover the bottom. Salt and pepper it if you like. Put it on low and let it cook all night long (about 8-10 hours).
Take out meat (it should be falling apart at this point) and shred it. Drain out excess water from your crock-pot and put shredded meat back in. Keep it on the "warm" temperature. Add the sauces to the meat and mix. Cover and let it sit in your crock-pot for about another hour.

YUM-O!

My sweet friend told me that instead of the sauces, she uses a package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix and brown sugar. Then shreds hers and puts in over rice.
Uh, double YUM-O!
I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend! See ya again on Monday.
*** I had to mention that I, being from the great state of TEXAS(!!!) did not have an affectionate feeling toward anything that called itself BBQ sauce and had the word mustard in it. But, I have to say that this is pretty good, and when you can't run down the street to pick up Rudy's BBQ you have to make the best of what you have! :)

2 comments:

Annie Scarlett said...

Maurice's Mustard BBQ sauce is the best!! I still have my friend Kristal pick some up for me when she visits her in-laws in South Carolina.

Paul & Angela Jenkins said...

Hey wanted to let you know that we loved the BBQ so much last week that I'm making it for dinner tonight. It tasts great.