Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Intermission

Hello Dear Friends!
I am sorry that it is late and I am just now making my post, but tomorrow is going to be a glorious day and I had a lot to get done before time ran out. There will be much rejoicing in my heart this time tomorrow and I will tell you why.
JEFF AND I ARE GETTING AWAY FOR TWO ENTIRE DAYS WITH NO KIDS!
Yes, you read that right and I am so excited! (can you tell?)
There was a little scare last night that just about threw me over the edge, but God was gracious and provided a solution. So we are back in business!
I was going to post the second part of the Supporting Your Pastor's Wife topic I started on Monday, but then I had another idea.
As I have mentioned before I read a lot of blogs and one that has become a daily read is Perry Noble's. If you do not know of him, he is a very "famous" pastor up here in these parts. :)
Seriously, if you have seen any of the One Pray series then he is the guy that go's on and on about the Cracker Barrel biscuits (so funny). Anyway, he is a great guy and he writes some pretty real stuff. So his post from this morning was no exception. I wanted to share it with you all and give some thoughts on his ideas. I plan on doing my own version of this in a couple of months.
#5 - "I should spend way less time focusing on being “right” and way more time on being faithful. "
Man, this one hit me right between the eyes. Uuuugghhh. Does anyone else struggle with this? Why do I always think it is more important to be right than to be faithful to the people God has called me to serve? If you serve on a church staff, your husband does or you lead a group of people at your church, then this piece of information is for you. A great way to start doing this is to listen to the people you lead. Just shut your mouth and listen to what they have to say.
#6 -"Comparing (Your Church) to other churches will either lead to pride or feeling like a failure…I need to desperately seek Jesus consistently to see who HE has called us to be."
This is so important for those of us who have spouses on a church staff. Sometimes we look at other churches and think, "I wish we were on staff there because they have (this) and (that) and blah, blah, blah. What we don't realize is that we are telling our spouses, "You work at a crappy church." Not such a good thing to say to build moral into someone who is trying everything they can to do a great job at where they are. Try as hard as you can not to compare your church with other churches in the area. Focus on the good things you are doing and all of the lives that are being changed!
#9 - "Those who you think will always be with you won’t always be with you."
This one is the reason I wanted to write this post. I can not stress this idea to you all enough. This idea works both ways.
People who are mean to your husband, cut him down in front of other church members, or cause you and your family emotional pain will not always be with you. I have experienced this so many times in the different churches we have worked at. Have patience and faith in God that He will move them out of your church when the time is right.
People who you think will be your great friends forever, that you will grow old with and see all of the time, they will leave as well. So spend as much time with them as you can. Personally invest in their lives and point them closer to Jesus every chance you get, because there probably is going to come a day when they have to move, or decide to switch churches. It happens too often, so cherish the time you have.
Please pray for Jeff and I that we have a great time away. Please pray that our children will be happy and healthy while we are gone, and very obedient for the people who are taking care of them!

No comments: